- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 can lentils (drained)
- 530 g soaked soy mince (soaked in stock)
- 50 g apricots (chopped)
- 80 g seedless raisins
- 20 ml tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons 30 ml smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon 15 ml ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon 15 ml ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon 15 ml ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon 5 ml mixed herbs
- 3 tablespoons 45 ml Mrs. Balls Chutney
- 1 teaspoon 5 ml mild curry powder
- Pinch of salt to taste ½ teaspoon
- 300 g silken tofu
- Pinch of Kala namak (black salt to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon 2.5 ml turmeric
- 1 teaspoon 5 ml Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sautee the chopped onion until the onions are translucent.
- Add the lentils, the soaked soy mince, apricots, raisins, tomato paste, smoked paprika, coriander, cumin, 15 ml turmeric, mixed herbs, chutney, curry powder to a bowl. Mix it well.
- Once the onions are sautéed, add the above mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and put in an oven proof dish.
- Put the silken tofu, kala namak, 1.25 ml turmeric and Dijon mustard in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Place this mixture on top of your bobotie (soy mince and lentil mix) and cover the top of your bobotie.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius until your tofu mixture on top begins to turn golden brown.
Recipe credit: Nikki Botha Photo credit: House of Vizion