- 3 tablespoons 45ml oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 50 g ginger (finely grated)
- 2 green birds eye chillies (deseeded and chopped)
- Dash of steak and chops seasoning
- 2 tablespoons 30ml mild curry powder
- 1 green pepper (finely diced)
- 1 red pepper (finely diced)
- 1 yellow pepper (finely diced)
- 5 large carrots ((unpeeled but scrubbed and topped and tailed), grated)
- 2 tablespoons 30ml tomato purée
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 400 g can baked beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a deep pot over a medium heat, add the oil and fry the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilies and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder and steak and chops spice and stir to combine.
- Add the peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the grated carrots and stir to make sure they are well combined.
- Add in the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until the mixture is well combined and slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add the baked beans.
- Serve hot or cold.
Photo credit: House of Vizion
- Chakalaka (South African vegetable relish) - Chowcation - […] By Chowchi - October 9, 2017 ©greenmonday.co.za […]