Porcini-Chocolate Ice Cream
PORCINI-CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Write a review
- 3/4 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 12 tsp porcini powder
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Blend the cashews, coconut cream, coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, porcini powder and salt until smooth.
- ** Add the dried mushroom powder little by little, until you achieve the intensity you're after.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan.
- Add the sugar to saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch to the remaining cup of water and whisk until dissolved.
- Then slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan, making sure to whisk the whole time, until the mixture comes to a gentle boil.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover with cling wrap, cool to room temperature.
- Then churn in an ice cream machine according to its manual instructions.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze.
- To make Porcini powder: grind dried porcini mushrooms in a coffee grinder or something similar.
- Photo Credit: lanaloustyle.com
Green Monday https://greenmonday.co.za/wordpress/