- 10 flour wraps
- 2 onions (peeled and chopped)
- 12 grams garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 cans red kidney beans
- 10 grams ginger (minced)
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 300 grams frozen corn
- 1 kg brinjals (cubed (1cm by 1cm))
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
For the enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 600 milliliters tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- Oil for frying.
For the cheese sauce
- 400 grams potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 150 milliliters oil
- 30 milliliters lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Let the wraps out to defrost at room temperature while making the rest of the recipe.
- Boil the potatoes for the cheese sauce while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry mushrooms, put aside.
- Fry brinjal cubes in enough oil so that they do not stick to the pan. As the oil cooks away you can add a bit of water to make the brinjal cook quicker. Cook until soft. A knife should slide through the brinjal cube easily and the brinjal should be a bit crispy on the outside. Put the brinjal aside.
- In the same pan with the leftover oil, sauté onion, garlic ginger, paprika, coriander powder and oregano.
- Once the onions are soft, add drained red kidney beans. Mix together.
- Add the mushrooms, brinjal and corn and fry quickly, just to mix all the flavours together.
- To make enchilada sauce: add oil and flour to a sauce pan. Stir together, then add tomato puree, coriander powder and sugar. You can add a bit of water if necessary, but keep the sauce to a thick and creamy consistency. Leave the sauce in the pan to pour over the enchiladas later.
- To make cheese sauce: place the boiled potatoes, 125ml unsweetened soy milk, nutritional yeast, oils, lemon juice and salt in the processor and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan to fry the tortillas. Fry the tortillas for about 8 seconds on each side (if they are not fully defrosted then fry them a bit longer).
- Fill wraps with bean mixture and roll into long rolls. Place next to each other in an oven-proof dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the wraps to cover them completely.
- Pour a bit of the cheese sauce down the middle of each wrap.
- Bake enchiladas in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Bulk recipe that serves 10