RISOTTO DE ROMAR
RISOTTO DE ROMA
- 2 tablespoons oil (for frying the mushrooms and baby marrow)
- 600 grams canned mushrooms (drained)
- 250 grams fresh baby marrow (sliced)
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 4 tablespoons oil (for frying the onions)
- 800 grams arborio rice
- 15 grams fresh parsley (chopped)
- 120 ml lemon juice
- 50 grams vegetable stock powder
- 3 liters water
- 120 grams frozen corn
- 100 grams frozen peas
- Fry mushrooms in a pan with a bit of oil. Add lemon juice and salt, pepper and put aside.
- Fry baby marrow in a pan with a bit of oil. Add a squeeze lemon juice and salt and put aside.
- In a pot/pan lightly sauté onions and garlic in 4 tablespoons of oil, until soft, do not allow to brown.
- Once soft, add arborio rice. Stir the rice around so that all the grains are coated in oil.
- Dissolve 2 heaped tablespoons of veg stock in a litre of warm water.
- Now begin to add the veg stock liquid. About 500ml at a time. As half the liquid absorbs, add more liquid. When the litre of stock is finished, continue to add plain water, 500 ml at a time. In total, you should end up adding about 3 litres of liquid to fully cooking the rice.
- To keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot always keep enough water in the pot and stir regularly. Always stir clockwise.
- When the rice is cooked, add the corn, peas, baby marrow and mushrooms.
- Now add the parsley and lemon juice and mix in.
Bulk recipe that serves 10