- 2 x Onions
- 1 x Tomato
- 2 x Cloves Garlic
- 2 x Green Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Freshly chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon nigella (onion seeds)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon Garan Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon curry paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cup mixed lentils
- 1 x Carrot
- 2 x Sweet potato
- 4 x cardamon seeds
- 1 x 400ml Coconut Milk
- Oil (to fry veggies in pan)
- 1/4 Cup oil in pan until hot.
- Finely chop onions, ginger, garlic, tomato, carrot, sweet potato and fresh chilies, fry in pan.
- Once mixed, add curry paste, all spices and mixed lentils.
- Combine all ingredients well and add 1/2 cup water, reduce heat to low until ingredients are tender.
- Add coconut milk and simmer.
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with roti, rice or enjoy curry on it's own. Optional: Add a simple fresh salsa of chopped onions, tomatoes and coriander