- 2 x packets of Fry’s Spicy Curry pieces
- 2 x tablespoons chops & steak seasoning
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 2 x onions (cut in wedges)
- 2 x celery sticks (chopped (no leaves))
- 2 x large carrots (peeled and cut in chunks)
- 1 x large sweet potato (peeled and cut in chunks)
- 4 medium zucchinis (cut in chunks)
- 3 x cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 x tablespoon olive oil
- 1 x tablespoon Ina Paarman stock powder
- 1 x tablespoon Dulse flakes (or nori sheet flakes)
- 2 x cinnamon sticks
- 2 x fresh bay leaves
- 1 x fresh sprig of rosemary
- ½ x cup of gin
- ½ x bottle of red wine
- 1 x cup water (as needed)
- Thaw, rinse, and dry the Fry’s curry pieces. Roll the pieces in a mixture of 2 tablespoons Chops & Steak seasoning and ¼ cup corn flour. Brown the pieces in a bit of oil until crispy. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients in a big potjie pot and mix well.
- Put the lid on and place the pot on a gas stove over low heat, or over warm braai coals.
- Let it simmer for 1 -2 hours until the carrots are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if need be (use pink salt and extra stock powder if required).
- Use a potato masher and mash sweet potato and zucchinis to thicken the sauce, or use water for a thinner consistency.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Recipe Credit: Toni Brockhoven