- 450 g whole-grain spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons raw ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ cups 340g peanut butter, smooth unsalted
- 1 cup 225ml rice wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup 60g sugar
- ⅓ cup 60ml soy sauce
- ½ cup 115ml water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 kg frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Drain well.
- Peel and chop the ginger and garlic cloves.
- In a blender or food processor, purée the peanut butter with the ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, water, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the vegetable medley until just tender. Season to taste.
- Toss the cooled spaghetti with the cooked vegetable medley and peanut sauce until well coated. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
Photo credit: Meredith Lee/The HSUS