Hibiscus Champagne Cocktail
HIBISCUS CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh flower petals
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Once you’ve removed the stamen and stem, cover the hibiscus petals with boiling water in a saucepan and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- The water will stain a dark purple-brown colour, far from the bright, sexy red we’re after, but watch the stunning transformation when you add the lemon juice to the strained liquid.
- Add the sugar and slowly bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the liquid thickens.
- The cordial can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to two weeks
- Fill the champagne flute with two tablespoons of syrup and top up with bubbly!
- * You can also make a refreshing non-alcoholic drink, just top with sparkling mineral water and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Photo credit: lanaloustyle.com