Chick (pea) Mayo Avo Smash
Chick (pea) Mayo Toasties
Write a review
- 1x can chickpeas, drained and skins removed
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 3x stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons of egg-free, reduced oil mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh herbs, sprouts or microgreens of choice
- Corn cakes, lettuce leaves, wholegrain toast or whole wheat wraps to eat the smash with.
- Mash up the chickpeas and avocado with a fork, potato masher or food processor until you reach a chunky consistency
- Add the chopped celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, fresh herbs or microgreens and mix through.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve on corn cakes, toast, in a roll, in lettuce cups or in whole-wheat wraps.
- Recipe credit: Leozette Roode, The South African Vegan Cookbook
- Photo credit: Human & Rousseau/Myburgh du Plessis
Green Monday https://greenmonday.co.za/wordpress/