BUCKWHEAT CARROT, BUTTERNUT & BUTTERBEAN SALAD
BUCKWHEAT CARROT, BUTTERNUT AND BUTTERBEAN SALAD
- 2 cups dehusked buckwheat
- 1 cup Rugani Carrot and Turmeric Juice
- 1 tsp butter
- 300 g butternut (skinned and cut into cubes)
- 1 can butter beans
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 packet rocket
- For the dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 ml Rugani Carrot and Turmeric juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Place the carrot and turmeric juice and 3 cups of water and heat until a boil.
- Add the buckwheat and cover tightly and cook for 10 minutes.
- Move from heat (even if there is still some water remaining), add butter, stir gently with a fork, cover with a lid and a tea towel, and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook the butternut until soft. Cool to room temperature.
- In a salad bowl mix the harissa and butter beans.
- Add the cooked buckwheat and butternut and mix.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Serve the salad on a bed of rocket and top with dressing.
By Simone Kruger, Yellow Papaya for Rugani Juice https://yellowpapaya.co.za