Write a review
- 2 (30ml) tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 5 – 6 medium size potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) turmeric
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) cumin powder
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) of ginger paste OR fresh ginger, grated
- Pinch of salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 – 3 chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Garam Masala
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pot.
- Add 1 teaspoon of each: mustard seeds, turmeric, coriander powder, and cumin powder.
- Mix the spices well with the oil then add salt, crushed garlic and ginger paste.
- Add the chopped onion, tomato and chillies.
- Braise for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato cubes and cauliflower florets.
- Mix well with the sauce and cook until the potatoes and the cauliflower florets are soft. (Add a bit of water if needed).
- Add 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with Naan bread.
- Recipe Credit: Salwaa Smith - Cape Malay Cooking & Other Delights
- Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons
Green Monday https://greenmonday.co.za/wordpress/