- 2 30ml tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small cauliflower (cut in small florets)
- 5 – 6 medium size potatoes (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon 5ml mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon 5ml turmeric
- 1 teaspoon 5ml coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon 5ml cumin powder
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon 5ml of ginger paste OR fresh ginger, grated
- Pinch of salt
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 to mato (chopped)
- 2 – 3 chillies (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon 5ml Garam Masala
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pot.
- Add 1 teaspoon of each: mustard seeds, turmeric, coriander powder, and cumin powder.
- Mix the spices well with the oil then add salt, crushed garlic and ginger paste.
- Add the chopped onion, tomato and chillies.
- Braise for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato cubes and cauliflower florets.
- Mix well with the sauce and cook until the potatoes and the cauliflower florets are soft. (Add a bit of water if needed).
- Add 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with Naan bread.
Recipe Credit: Salwaa Smith - Cape Malay Cooking & Other Delights Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons