Write a review
- 2x packets of Fry’s Spicy Curry pieces
- 2x tablespoons chops & steak seasoning
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 2x onions, cut in wedges
- 2x celery sticks, chopped (no leaves)
- 2x large carrots, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1x large sweet potato, peeled and cut in chunks
- 4 medium zucchinis, cut in chunks
- 3x cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1x tablespoon olive oil
- 1x tablespoon Ina Paarman stock powder
- 1x tablespoon Dulse flakes (or nori sheet flakes)
- 2x cinnamon sticks
- 2x fresh bay leaves
- 1x fresh sprig of rosemary
- ½x cup of gin
- ½x bottle of red wine
- 1x cup water (as needed)
- Rinse, dry and thaw the Fry’s curry pieces. Roll the pieces in a mixture of 2 tablespoons Chops & Steak seasoning and ¼ cup corn flour. Brown the pieces in a bit of oil until crispy. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients in a big potjie pot and mix well.
- Put the lid on and place the pot on a gas stove over low heat, or over warm braai coals.
- Let it simmer for 1 -2 hours until the carrots are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if need be (use pink salt and extra stock powder if required).
- Use a potato masher and mash sweet potato and zucchinis to thicken the sauce, or use water for a thinner consistency.
- Serve with cooked rice.
- Recipe Credit: Toni Brockhoven
Green Monday http://greenmonday.co.za/wordpress/