Write a review
- 1 cup mirin
- 1 cup sake
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup tamari or wheat-free soy sauce
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 handfuls shimeji mushrooms (not all separated)
- 2 handfuls pak choi, rinsed
- 2 handfuls sliced Napa or Chinese cabbage
- 1/2 packet Vermicelli noodles
- Fresh coriander
- 1 lime
- Heat one large deep pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Combine the mirin, sake, soy and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Place spring onions and coconut oil in the pan. Sauté for a minute, then add one cup of the sake mixture.
- Add the mushrooms, pak choi and cabbage to the pan. In the meantime, soak the vermicelli noodles in water for 5 minutes. Then add to the pan with the vegetables.
- Add the rest of the sake mixture and cook for a further five minutes.
- Serve noodle mix with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Recipe Credit: Amy Hopkins
- Photo Credit: Micky Hoyle
Green Monday http://greenmonday.co.za/wordpress/