Write a review
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Combine the flax meal and water in a small saucepan and boil for three minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the lentils, beans, breadcrumbs, onions, oil, spices, salt, and pepper. Add the binder and mix well. Divide into six parts and shape into patties.
- Fry in a lightly oiled pan on medium-high heat for five to 10 minutes, flipping carefully once. Serve with your usual burger accompaniments.
- Based on a recipe by Sarah Kramer, author of How it All Vegan!, The Garden of Vegan, and La Dolce Vegan.
Green Monday http://greenmonday.co.za/wordpress/