Write a review
- Box FRY’S MEAT FREE KORMA CURRY PIECES
- 50g Korma paste (already made works perfectly fine)
- 6 - 8 Baby aubergine, quartered
- 6 - 8 Baby butternut, halved
- Coconut oil for frying
- Thumb of Ginger, grated
- 2 Cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 White onion, chopped
- 1 Tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 Tin of coconut cream
- 2 T Tomato paste
- Curry leaves
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded
- 2 t Sugar (optional)
- Pinch of salt
For the Pineapple Relish
- 1/2 Cup desiccated coconut
- 1 Pineapple, grated
- ¼ Tin of coconut cream
- 2 Spring onion, chopped
- 2 T Coriander, chopped
- (in season)
- 1 Green chilli, thinly sliced
- Lightly fry the baby aubergine and butternut for about 5 minutes in a little coconut oil, until a bit softer.
- Fry the onion, ginger and garlic. Add the korma paste, curry leaves and fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the korma curry pieces.Mix until all coated through.
- Add the coconut cream and mix through. Add the tomato paste and mix through.
- Add the chilli and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and sugar (optional, it brings out the flavor a bit more).
- Add the tin of chickpeas. Allow to simmer on a very low heat until ready to serve.
- Mix all the pineapple relish ingredients together and serve on the side.
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice, if you wish.
Green Monday http://greenmonday.co.za/wordpress/