Write a review
- 200g soya mince (if using dried, soak the mince in hot water for 20min beforehand)
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) garlic, crushed
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) chickpea flour
- Equivalent of 2 eggs, beaten until frothy (e.g. Orgran No-egg or flax egg)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, adding egg replacement last
- Roll into small balls with wet hands (use a teaspoon to make sure they are the same size)
- Place on a floured surface and fry balls in oil in batches until the outside is crispy
- Serve on spaghetti, with a Napoletana sauce, or on a bed of fresh greens with a splash of olive oil.
- Tip: Use this recipe as a base. For variety in flavour, you can add anything you like – e.g. curry paste, cilantro or olive pieces.
- Recipe Credit: Laura Germishuys
- Photo Credit: House of Vizion
Green Monday http://greenmonday.co.za/wordpress/