Feel Good ‘Faux Gras’
FEEL GOOD ‘FAUX GRAS’
Write a review
- 125 g button mushrooms and wild mushrooms
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400 g cooked green lentils (about 200 g dried lentils)
- 200 g toasted walnuts
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 10 tsp herbs (thyme, rosemary and sage), finely chopped
- 5 tbsp brandy
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fry the onions and garlic on medium heat for about 5 minutes, and then add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked lentils, walnuts, lemon juice, soy sauce, herbs and brandy to the food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Photo credit: lanaloustyle.com
- Serve with toasted seed loaf and onion marmalade and you have the perfect snack!
- Adapted from Très Green, Très Clean, Très Chic by Rebecca Leffler
Green Monday http://greenmonday.co.za/wordpress/