Write a review
- 3 tsp Orgran No Egg mixed with 6 tbsp water until frothy
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can crushed pineapple in syrup, undrained
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup chopped pecan nuts
- Beat no-egg, sugar, soya milk and oil together until well mixed.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually beat dry ingredients into wet mixture.
- Add pineapple, sultanas, nuts, and carrot and mix well.
- Pour into a large greased baking tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees in a preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick in the center - if it doesn't come out clean, bake for a while longer (make sure you didn't just poke a sultana)
- Optional: Ice with white icing sugar or coconut whipped cream once cool and top with extra chopped pecans.
- Recipe credit: Laura, Beauty Without Cruelty
- Photo credit: My Darling Vegan
Green Monday http://greenmonday.co.za/wordpress/